We have a management agreement with 30 ‘courts’ throughout the UK. Some 14 staff are based in our office in Stratford-upon-Avon.
Five services managers form the front line team in supporting recruitment, induction, training, strategic operating and company secretary functions for the courts. Retirement Security Limited is responsible for the administration of the approximately 680 staff employed directly by the 1,500 or more leaseholders at the courts.
All 30 sites are governed by the same operating and service model and all share the same philosophy and management culture. A notable feature of the work is sustaining the independence of older people by stimulating social life and activity. The model incorporates a restaurant on every development providing a focal point for social interaction. In summary, the key services which are offered as managing agent (and also in our capacity as Freeholder) include:
- Acting as company secretary to each of the 30 Courts
- Recruiting their senior staff team, in consultation with the boards of directors
- Overseeing and undertaking directly induction and training for key staff
- Issuing employee contracts and providing personnel management support to the courts
- Undertaking insurance, financial and budgetary functions
- Providing a welfare rights service to individual owners to supplement their income
- Undertaking the re-sales of properties and supervising the transfer of leases
- Ensuring that the fabric of the development is maintained to a high standard
- Making sure that a viable fund for future maintenance is in place annually
- Regular site visits to support staff and to meet with owners
- Promoting our unique approach to retirement generally, and awareness of courts in the local community