As part of our commitment to transparency and clarity, please note that, when any apartment at this court is sold, the seller pays a transfer premium of up to 3% of the sales price to the freeholder, Retirement Security Limited (RSL). RSL does not charge ground rents and does not charge for its estate agency services. Further information is available from the Court Manager.
About Burcot Court
The following description was provided in 2018 by the owners at Burcot Court:
One of the owners recently said “Moving to Burcot Court was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made because I feel safe and secure.” She went on to explain that most days she takes advantage of the facility of being able to have a cooked meal served in the dining room which means she doesn’t have to cook unless she wants to. Other features and benefits of living at Burcot Court are:
- Safety and security are provided by a duty manager on the premises 24 hours a day, seven days a week and apartments are fitted with communication devices to contact the duty manager if help is required at any time.
- If an owner is unwell and is not able to go to the dining room for a three course waitress served hot meal then it can be delivered on a tray to the apartment.
- Owners are automatically shareholders in the not for profit company Burcot Court Limited and the owners elect the directors every year.
- Each apartment is allocated one and a half hours of housekeeping assistance a week.
- If owners wish they may take part in the many social activities which are available a sample of which include bridge, yoga, scrabble, quizzes, croquet and theatre visits.
- Every afternoon tea and biscuits are served in the communal lounge enabling owners to socialise with one another.
- A guest suite is available where relatives and friends can come and stay at a reasonable charge.
- Burcot Court is less than 1/2 a mile from a parade of shops which include a Tesco and a Sainsbury convenience store, a post office and a pharmacy.
All these facilities are available to owners of apartments at Burcot Court which is located two miles from the historic town of Sutton Coldfield and overlooks the famous 2,400 acre Sutton Park. Burcot Court is set in landscaped gardens and comprises 39 one and two bed roomed apartments on three floors, accessible by lifts and stairs. The centre point of the development is the original Edwardian building known as Burcot Grange which has been sympathetically and sensitively renovated and now houses the dining room, the hobbies room and the communal lounge.
Burcot Court Facilities
The design of Burcot Court combines style with ease of use and mobility, all floors are accessible by stairs or lift so that even those who need to use a wheelchair can live independently in any part of the building. Conveniently placed electrical sockets reduce the need to bend or overstretch and an emergency call system is installed with pull cords in every room of the development. In addition to the private apartments, there are a number of communal areas in the Court available for use by all Owners.
Burcot Court possesses its own communal gardens, shrubs and planters throughout the courtyards and grounds, that belong to all the Owners and are maintained by a gardener and/or Owners themselves. A consultative gardening committee will be set up if sufficient Owners are willing to contribute to its work.
Burcot Court has a communal lounge that is the hub of many of its social activities. Afternoon tea is served on a daily basis and there is a variety of weekly events from whist to keep fit. The Court Manager will be able to provide a copy of the monthly social programme. The Court also features a hobbies room where Owners can take part in a number of activities including board games, card games, art and craft. The hobbies room is also used for meetings of either the Court management company or local clubs and societies of which Owners are members.
Visiting relatives or friends of Owners can be accommodated in our extremely comfortable, guest suite and provided with breakfast. Economically priced and benefiting from the Court’s advantageous proximity to local attractions and public transport, staying at Burcot Court is a wonderful way to explore the local sights and sounds.
Burcot Court has its own communal restaurant/dining room that provides a substantial meal every day, usually at lunchtime. Meals are not included in the service charge but are available at cost to all Owners. Meals will be taken on a tray to anyone who has requested one and is too unwell to leave their apartment. Guests are always welcome and any special dietary requirements are catered for. Evening meals and themed dinners are regularly held at the Court.
There are many more staff than are generally found in traditional sheltered housing. A Manager and team of Duty Managers work in shifts and somebody is always present, twenty-four hours a day. The monthly service charge covers the cost of external maintenance and upkeep of the grounds, one-and-a-half hours of domestic assistance per week per individual property, as well as an hour per property devoted to the cleaning of the communal areas.