Designing for Retirement
Designed for stylish practicality and enjoyment, now & long-term
Enjoy everyday life more, secure in the knowledge that your superbly designed property and services can cater for most potential future needs. Retirement Security apartments and bungalows share important design features which make life more practical for you, both now and in the event that you need some level of personal care in the future.
Each development has been carefully considered to provide the very best of comfort and practicality. Many features are designed discreetly to assist mobility and make a difference to daily living.
For the development as a whole, these features include at most courts:
- Duty manager, on site and on call, 24 hours a day.
- Communal lounge, hobby room and dining room, with induction loops for all to participate fully in meetings and social events.
- One, usually two, spacious lifts serving every floor.
- Staffed, fully equipped commercial kitchen serving meals to the dining room and to your property should you wish.
- Laundry (for larger items or if you have your laundry done for you).
- A full team of cleaners, gardeners and maintenance staff to keep the building in good order.
- Electrically operated entrances.
- Wide corridors with handrails to one side.
- Extra wide doors to both communal areas and apartments.
- A guest suite for friends and family to stay, making it easy to see them more often.
- Backup generator connection with local authority priority.
Within each apartment, there are also numerous design features to make life a little easier and more independent. Many of these make these solidly-built properties a more pleasurable place for all owners to live, only proving their full value as and when one needs, for example, taps which are not only stylish but, being lever operated, easy to open.
- Generous size apartments, most with two bedrooms
- Each apartment has its own front door, with milk bottle shelf and, usually, electronic fob operated lock and a safety door chain specifically designed for Retirement Security
- Alarm pull cords in every room
- Modern kitchens with slightly lower decks, electrically operated over-sink windows and stylish lever taps
- Washer dryer (or facility for)
- Larger bathrooms and ensuites arranged to enable independent use, comfort height WC, lever operated taps and level access shower
- TV aerial and telephone points to lounge and bedroom
- Higher level electrical sockets
- Independent heating systems with cool-to-touch radiator covers to avoid burning frail skin
Our aim is to make life a little easier for those who now find themselves at that time in life when it becomes a little more difficult, respecting the importance of maintaining independence as long as possible in an aesthetically pleasing environment of one’s own.